During the Period of March- May 2014, EACSOF undertook National Consultations with key stakeholders in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and Burundi, to analyze the enabling factors and constraints regarding CSO existence and operations in East Africa, with a view to improving the legal and political environment in the region. The result was a country status paper (CSP) on the CSO operating environment in each country. The 4 CSPs fed into a regional synopsis, which was reviewed by regional apex bodies based in Arusha in July 2014 before compiling a final regional report. This initiative was supported by KEPA – Finland. We are pleased to share with you the attached soft copy of the Regional Report on Civil Society Operating Environment in East Africa. In further pursuit of our passionate commitment to Constitutionalism, EACSOF will endeavor to champion, promote and advance the emerging recommendations by bringing them to the attention of national governments, regional authorities and the wider international community. Good reading!
- Reports on Analysis of the Environment for Civic Space in Uganda
- Brief Discussion Paper Analyzing the Environment for Civic Space in Uganda March 2014
- Reports on Analysis of the Environment for Civic Space in Kenya
- Reports on Analysis of the Environment for Civic Space in Rwanda
- Reports on Analysis of the Environment for Civic Space in Burundi
- KEPA Report on Civil Society in Tanzania – Toni Haapanen (ed.) (2007)